Kenton Elementary School
631 Silver Street
Kenton, Ohio 43326
Angela Butterman, Principal
Phone Extension: 1007
Robin Bame, Principal
Phone Extension: 1006
Matt Best, Associate Principal
Phone Extension: 1005
Michelle Wise, Associate Principal
Phone Extension: 1008
In November of 2011, Kenton’s community voted the passage of a bond issue to support the design and construction of a new PreK-6 elementary building for Kenton students. The building would combine the various existing elementary buildings and provide equal educational opportunities for all Kenton elementary students.
The new elementary building will replace:
- Espy Elementary was constructed in 1921 and consisted of eight classrooms spread over three floors. In 1955 an additional six classrooms were added along with a multipurpose room/cafeteria and office space.
- Hardin Central Elementary was originally part of the old Hardin Central School District prior to its consolidation with the Kenton City Schools in 1960. The west part of the school was constructed in 1940 and the east part was added in 1952.
- Eastcrest, Northwood, and Westview were constructed in 1955. Each of the buildings, housing approximately 120 students, has six classrooms.