Cheerleading clinics and tryouts for middle school and high school will be March 19th – 23rd. Clinics will be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 6 PM – 8 PM at the Kenton Middle School. There will be a short parent meeting on Monday, March 19th at 7:45 PM in the gym.
Tryouts will be Friday, March 23rd. High school will start warm ups at 4:30 PM and tryouts at 5:00 PM. Middle school will start warm ups at 5:30 PM and tryouts will start immediately following high school.
If there are questions, please contact Julie Baird by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates will be expected to do the following:
- Group cheer
- Group chants
- Individual cheer (high school only)
- Fight song
- Dance (high school only)
- Tumbling skills
- Sign (high school only)
- Attend all clinics.
- Candidates that make the squad will be required to follow all cheerleading rules and meet all financial deadlines.
- All permission slips must be signed and returned, or candidates cannot tryout.
- During tryouts, candidates are not permitted to wear any clothing that refers to cheerleading in any manner. (white shirt, black shorts, white shoes, sport socks, and hair pulled up)
- Results will be posted on the gym door of the middle school on Friday, March 23rd.
- All candidates must leave school grounds after their tryout.
- Cheerleading candidates, friends, and family members must not call the school to protest tryout results. The judge’s decisions are final. Failure to comply may result in a candidate’s losing a spot on the team or the privilege of trying out the following year.
- All warm up jackets, warm up pants, and poms must be turned into the office by March 16th at 3:00 PM (high school only).
Click HERE for the paper copy of the letter and permission slip.