The Kenton Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) will be hosting “Strides for Pride,” a walk-a-thon, on Wednesday, May 27th at the Kenton Middle School track (make-up date: May 29th).
This is a FUN, school-wide activity where each student walks (or jogs) for 20 minutes to show support for our school and raise awareness of a healthy lifestyle. All students who participate in the walk will receive a snack donated by Hardin Memorial Hospital and a wristband donated by Quest Federal Credit Union!
This is also a school-wide fundraiser event where proceeds go back to the KES PTO for field trips and other student activities. Students are invited to solicit flat rate donations from parents, friends, family, and neighbors prior to the walk-a-thon. All students and classes can earn prizes for their efforts.
How It Works:
- Return permission slip by: Friday, May 8th
- Students collect flat rate donations of $1 or more in cash or check (made payable to “KES PTO”)
- All donations must be returned in the envelope provided by the school by: Friday, May 22nd
- On May 27th, students will wear their school shirts and show off their Wildcat school spirit. Wristbands, water, and snacks will be provided to all walkers.
Event Time on Wednesday, May 27th:
POD A: 8:45 AM – 9:30 AM
POD D: 10:00 AM – 10:45 AM
POD B: 12:30 PM – 1:15 PM
POD C: 1:45 PM – 2:15 PM
- For every $10.00 donation raised by a student, his or her name will be placed on a raffle ticket and entered into a drawing on Friday, May 29th for the following prizes: Zoombezi Bay tickets, Children’s Museum of Findlay family pass, free YMCA swim lessons, and more! The more money raised, the more raffle drawing entries! Students who returned their signed permission slip by May 8th will also be entered in the raffle drawing.
- Overall Top 3 Classes (Total Pledges Received):
1st Place – Pizza Party sponsored by Jon Cross, President and CEO Hardin County and Business Alliance (HCCBA) and HCCBA
2nd Place – Ice Cream and Sundae Party
3rd Place – Cookies and Punch Party
- Raffle prizes will be drawn on Friday, May 29th!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!