Minutes of the Kenton Elementary School PTO
Meeting Date: September 17, 201 – KES Media Center
The meeting was called to order by President, Nikki Haushalter at 3:30 PM.
All officers with the exception of Christa Quail were present.
The Treasurer’s Report was provided by Treasurer, Serena Baum.
1. Officer Planning Meetings from Summer:
– PTO meetings will be held the third Wednesday of each month at 3:45 PM.
2. Open house:
– T-shirts were sold. Another order will be placed in about two weeks. Staff shirts have been distributed.
3. Fall Fundraiser:
– Permission slips to be returned on 9-17-14.
– Sales at home football game on 9-19-14 and 10-10-14.
4. Book Fair:
– The current Librarians are looking into a Barnes and Noble Book Fair for this fall. Otherwise, there will be a Scholastic Book Fair.
1. Policy for large purchases: written proposal distributed. To be voted on at next meeting.
2. Theresa Horton made a motion to help pay for Anti-Bullying Speaker, seconded by Jennifer Smith. All in favor, I. Motion Passed.
3. Box Tops: Teresa Styer and Jen Smith – Co-Chairs.
– Two leaders per grade to support will be trained.
– Holder in each classroom.
– Place a large receptacle somewhere.
– Prize per grade (monthly).
– Party at end of year for top class.
4. Budget and Other Items from Principals: Nothing at this time.
5. Picture Day: October 10, 2014 in the morning. Need 2 helpers per pod. Grade level representatives will be contacted to help fill this need.
Next meeting, October 15, 2014 PM.